Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Deviled Eggs


Oh my. How did I let myself go so long without posting again? By way of apology, let me explain that I've been on three trips in the last month and a half (Boston, DC, and Indy for my little sister's wedding) and am now working on editing wedding photos while also catching up on actual work. I guess time has just gotten away from me, and I apologize for leaving you hanging for so long. It seems like it comes to this every few months, unfortunately, but you know, life gets in the way sometimes.

Spring is in full force here in Hampton Roads. (Actually, when we came back from the wedding, it seemed like we had skipped spring entirely and gone straight into summer. when we left it was in the 50s, and when we came home, it was seriously in the mid to high 80s.) With spring, comes picnic foods--ham sandwiches, potato salad, macaroni salad, and deviled eggs. I personally am not a fan of deviled eggs, but Justin loves them. Being the wonderful wife that I am, I do occasionally make them for him. This recipe is our attempt at recreating his mother's deviled eggs. She doesn't use a recipe, of course. She just adds the ingredients until it tastes right. Someday I'm going to use a food scale to weigh the containers before and after to figure out her exact recipe, lol, but I haven't done that yet and so this is as close as it gets.


Ingredients

12 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled, and halved
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1-1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard
1 teaspoon pickle juice
3/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Paprika


Directions

Remove the yolks from the halved eggs, and place them in a bowl. Mash them with a fork until well-crumbled. Add mayonnaise, mustard, pickle juice, and apple cider vinegar, and stir well. Spoon or pipe filling into egg halves, and sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate until ready to serve.


Servings: 24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts about this post? I'd love to hear them!