Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Cilantro-Lime Rice


Cilantro is an herb that divides people. There are people who love it and can't live without it. Then there are people who think it tastes like soap. I fall somewhere between those two camps, I guess; I like cilantro in moderation. I enjoy the fresh flavor that a small bit lends to Mexican food, but too much of it makes me feel like I've swallowed a mouthful of Dawn. This cilantro-lime rice was made with that in mind, so the lime is intentionally a more prominent flavor than the cilantro. If you love cilantro, by all means add more.


Ingredients

1 c rice
2 c water
1/2 tsp salt
1 lime
1 1/2 tbsp cilantro, finely minced
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, divided
Pinch of sugar


Directions

Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in pot over medium-high heat, and toast rice 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add water and salt, and bring to a boil. Turn heat to medium-low, and cook 15-20 minutes, until water is absorbed. Juice lime into a bowl, and mix in cilantro, olive oil, and sugar. Add rice, and stir well.


Servings: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts about this post? I'd love to hear them!